As the artist himself says: “The Polonaise, our national dance, is a now forgotten form. It is not a ballroom dance as it once was and it doesn’t have the patriotic significance it had during occupation periods. Today we hear the Polonaise only on our high school prom and on Chopin recitals. And yet, every Pole knows the dance and in some barely perceptible way it runs in our vains.” Precisely this modern lack of interest in this most characteristically polish musical idiom is what drove Masecki to compose modern polonaises. The set was commissioned by the Kody Festival in Lublin 2012 and was released as CD in may 2013.
- Marcin Masecki – director, piano / accordeon
- Maurycy Idzikowski, Filip Mazur – trumpets
- Michał Górczyński, Piotr Mróz – clarinets
- Bartek Smorągiewicz, Tomasz Duda – saxophones
- Michał Tomaszczyk, Piotr Wróbel – trombones
- Jerzy Rogiewicz – drumms